Skocz do zawartości

test test test

Zaloguj się, aby obserwować  
bongo_bg

Transmogrification Possibilities

bongo_bg    25

Hello again dear team,

My suggestion ideas are unlimited so feel free to shut me down.. :$

I got very excited about the transmogrification feature and then I realized the best utilization of the feature is not exactly possible. The top good looking tiers for pretty much every class is  the vanilla ones - T2, T3. For example I as priest would definitely want the T3 model - not obtainable. (Priest T3, Warrior T3, Warlock T3) For some classes probably T2 is better looking - Druid T2, Paladin T2, Rogue T2 but the head pieces are dropped by Onyxia which is also no longer possible. Many many awesome weapons are also not obtainable any more - Corrupted Ashbringer, Brimstone Staff or Might of Menethil and tens of others. I mean Blizzard could never beat their vanilla art. So my suggestion - would you add these not-obtainable item models into your SC store? Or make them obtainable again like re-adding the Qs for T3 and updating the loot tables in Naxxramas? Or figure out just another way to get them? I'd really appreciate a way out.

Thanks! : )

• Lubię to! 1

bongo_bg    25

T5 is indeed the best and the only good looking tier after vanilla. Still according to me can't compare with T3.

And don't worry about the afk people... We'll soon see how it will go. :)

Sorenalike    31
On 10/6/2017 at 1:52 PM, MrCulé said:

Hi guys! 

Thank you for your suggestions. We'll talk about this and try to find the best solution to meet your expectations :) 

That would be awesome

bongo_bg    25
1 hour ago, mozaiczny said:

Same model head's drop's from Onyxia Lair 80 lvl.
When they add it, we got it from this

Yes, after some investigation it turns out the whole T1 and T2 loot tables has been reworked in WotLK. The originals T2 head peices are now from Nefarian and Onyxia drops stat-tuned items for lvl 80 with the same model as in was lvl 60 instance. That's for armor and weapons. There are though multiple vanilla quest chains broken due to Onyxia. While looking at a database I'm afrain the attunement for AQ is not obtainable. I haven't tried the quests yet, I don't know how far I'll get but I suppose AQ40 is doable now without the attunement. I do have to try it all as it's all messy and confusing.

mozaiczny    15
7 minut temu, bongo_bg napisał:

Yes, after some investigation it turns out the whole T1 and T2 loot tables has been reworked in WotLK. The originals T2 head peices are now from Nefarian and Onyxia drops stat-tuned items for lvl 80 with the same model as in was lvl 60 instance. That's for armor and weapons. There are though multiple vanilla quest chains broken due to Onyxia. While looking at a database I'm afrain the attunement for AQ is not obtainable. I haven't tried the quests yet, I don't know how far I'll get but I suppose AQ40 is doable now without the attunement. I do have to try it all as it's all messy and confusing.

AQ40 chain is possible to do.

The 'tablet' u need is from lvl 80 Onyxia - rest if for old content.
At all - after completing it - u got only items from chain and this is all -> Title - u cant get it, but Mount is in SUNWELL SHOP :) 

bongo_bg    25

Hello,

There was a discussion in Discord yesterday regarding the new transmog feature so I decided to transfer most of the player's opinion here as a suggestion.

Prices - that turned out to be a huge bummer. I suppose the PVP model is slightly a bit more flexible and doable for a PVP player but the other way around is a disaster. I honestly don't think that such a hard messing PVE with PVP is a good idea.

Full transmog for a PVE player is 11(12) items = 55(60) BG tokens and 99(108) WG marks. Why are you forcing us to spend so much time in BGs with 0 resilience? Do you know how it feels? :( For both of these curencies you have to actually win to get them which makes that even harder. The whole feature is just very very unbalanced.

First reason - PVP/BG wise the Alliance factions dominates over the Horde big time and we have no cross-faction BGs to balance that. Imagine how a 19k HP Holy Priest with 0 resil could change that. 

Second reason - a RDF token is something you get in 99% of the times. Once RDF is started, sooner or later - it finishes. You may wipe 3 times during but at the end you get your token. For BG tokens you have to actually win and that's the only way. Even Blizzard's RBG has a reward for a win and a smaller reward for a defeat. To a PVE player, you want 5 BG tokens, to a PVP player you ask 3 RDF tokens... Would you do a research which one is completable faster? And how do you see the difference between resilience gear's performance in RDF and non-resilience gear in BG? :(

Third reason - excluding the gold and the gem as evenly mutual to both kind of players, the PVE requirement for a PVE payer is 1 type - 12 RDF tokens and 2 PVP requirements. The PVE requirement for a PVP player is 1 type - 3 RDF tokens and 3 PVP requirements. See my point? The pattern I see here is 'PVP Model' and 'Harder PVP model'. From all the PVE in the whole game, RDF is the only thing we can do? :(

Fourth reason - WG. 9 (yes, 9) WG marks... A quick math - 108 marks for full transmog * 3 hours between WGs * 3 because of the 30% Horde winrate - that makes 972 hours ideally. Thats 40.5 days if you play non-stop or log in for each battle. If you're a working dude and play only in the usual peak times for 3-4-5 hours, most of the times you get 1 WG during that period. That would take 108 days - if you again add the 30% winrate that goes for 324 days - almost a year. If you play less then 3h per day you most likely miss most of the WG battles - then the 108th WG mark is expecting in 2nd year or more. And that's in case I never equip other item - I suppose new item means no transmog. So at the end of calculations - never. I'll see myself full transmogged... never.

And here at that point I'm no longer hyped, excited or even willing to pursue that. My character exists since 4th of August and that time, doing casual PVP with casual WGs, brought me 3 WG marks. 3 marks in 3 months. I just can't do that. Nor any of my friends I play with. I feel myself hardly forced to do PVP and that's not something I want.

So here are my suggestions although I'm not positive as the system already went live:

Separate the PVE with the PVP - don't screw the BGs with free HK flags walking around as this accomplishes nothing. Trying to play or simulating AFK makes no difference. The same goes for PVE - we do not need 1k+ resilience players in rdfs which don't want to be there either.

If you don't want the completely separate them - then make them more balanced and doable. Like 3 BG tokens and 1 WG mark or switch the WG marks with Stone Keeper's Shard as it is a PVP curency which you can get through PVE way.

Implement more and different kind of PVE curencies into the PVE model - like old content raids token, or specific boss tokens, or just badges/emblems. For example adding some kind a Naxxramas Mark or EoE Mark will force more raids to Naxx/EoE which will help the players to gear quickly and efficiently like they should. ToC and Uld should not be goals for avarage ilvl200. There are like a milion ways to make this so much better than it is.

And last but most importanly - balance the prices for what you "get". It makes absolutely no sense to spend the same amount of curencies to transmog a weapon and the same amount to transmog bracers or belts. Right now it's like everything in the store to costs fixed amount of 10000SC.

• Lubię to! 1

MrCulé    2447

Hey! Thanks for such a long post. 

Firstly, you need to know that current system has been established by both: community and administration before moving the database from NC. It took a lot of time to find the final offer which would be satisfied for both again: community and administration. 

Implementation of transmog system wasn't made only for players' entertaiment. For us, I mean for administration it was definitely the tool which can help us improve these aspects of gameplay which need it. It's quite common situation on the private server that there are more PvE players than PvP players, it's obvious like 2+2. That's why complete separation PvP and PvE doesn't make any sense to us, because it changes  nothing: PvP players will play only PvP and PvE players only PvE - zero profit for the project. 

Therefore we've created three specific models which are kind of compromise between the players and the administration. You need to know that first proposition was "a bit" less beneficial for PvE players, because we wanted you to play also 2v2 and 3v3. Currently you can choose the best interesting model for you, if you are PvE player you have to play some BGs, but frankly speaking it's not the big deal. 

When it comes to retail system: this sort of system would give us nothing as well, we cannot compare the situation of private project with 2000-3000 players to retail servers with 5000+ players. Implementation of transmogrification had completely different goal for Blizzard than for Sunwell. Please also remember that transmogrification is a custom change on WotLK. 

Last but not least, transmogs are an addition to the gameplay. They don't give you and an advantage over other players, If you don't like current requirements just skip it out. We are aware that Blizzard hurt World of Warcraft because the players have been got used to instant effects. WotLK is not the Legion, old expansions required time to achive your goals - please remember about that. 

I agree that requirements could be adjusted to parts of equipments, but not now. Private project consists in good time management. We had our plan and we try to realize it. After implementation of transmog we must check Onyxia's Lair before releasing then we want to clear the Bugtracker a bit and after it, we can come back to transmogs. Our resources are limited, it's the common issue when it comes to private project. 

I did my best to explain it as good as I can. We hope you understand it. The players are the most important part of each private project. You are priceless and please believe me that we make the most important decision together with our community. We are not perfect, but we try to be at least the good hosts. 

Finally, I would like to inform you that we're gonna add not obtainable sets and tiers (maybe weapons as well) to the game (vendors in Tanaris) and to the shop. Possibility of buying transmogs items in the shop will be probably limited, but we'll inform you when the system is finish. 

Cheers!

Sorenalike    31

Hello again

well it was a choice between bad and worse to be honest and i don't remember everyone agree to that and still hate the fact that PVE players join WG and AFK in it or do nothing ... I dont really blame them since they are forced

btw requirements are too much .. we have a life to live also farm the real game progress ..

MrCulé    2447
7 minut temu, Sorenalike napisał:

Hello again

well it was a choice between bad and worse to be honest and i don't remember everyone agree to that and still hate the fact that PVE players join WG and AFK in it or do nothing ... I dont really blame them since they are forced

btw requirements are too much .. we have a life to live also farm the real game progress ..

We'll change the duration time of AFK before DC. 

Agree, so don't collect transmogs guys, we don't force anybody to do it. 

Sorenalike    31

everyone who played in wrath accepts the flaws of the patch and knows whats wrong or right with it 

its not like we are looking for more content .. if it was like that why would anyone pass playing in blizzard .. always more content

but extra feature is always nice .. as long as that does not effect the real game

MrCulé    2447
15 minut temu, Sorenalike napisał:

everyone who played in wrath accepts the flaws of the patch and knows whats wrong or right with it 

its not like we are looking for more content .. if it was like that why would anyone pass playing in blizzard .. always more content

but extra feature is always nice .. as long as that does not effect the real game

When we don't see expected effects, we'll reduce the requirements. 

• Lubię to! 2

bongo_bg    25

MrCule, huge appreciations for your time and answer. I also hope not be understood wrong. I really enjoy what you're all doing with this server. I've been here for so short time and I already saw things I've never seen on any other server. I don't know how many people are you in the 'administration' but it feels like you are 100.

The transmogrification is something I've always wanted and something I know how to take the best from. So I was hyped. Too hyped unfortunatelly and that's why I care so much. Sadly I doubt I'd even start paying attention to that as 9 WG marks is just too much - I hardly find time for my dailies + 2 raids per week. But that's my choice. I hope you achieve your goals for the sake of the server's well being. These mentioned things that bother me won't make me leave nor will reduce my entertainment. They will simply not increase it.

Finally, also big thanks for considering adding the obsolete items. If I see T3 obtainable I would think for trading my daily Q time for token grind time.

• Lubię to! 1

Adwena    52

I don't want to make new thread about transmog , so I will add my suggestion here. We are more than happy to be able to transmog any weapon types nowdays , but I got a question regarding the shields , is it possible to allow off hands to be listed as shields and the shield users to be able to transmog for example a shield into a book, it would be great looking for some transmog combinations, because there are alot of great looking off-hands that we - the shield users would love to wear, but the 9k armor is just too good to swap shield for off hand :)

Adwena    52

Would be interesting thing to see :D I already saw mage with the two-hand mace from Essence of Souls , and priest with Cataclysm's Edge

bongo_bg    25
14 hours ago, Adwena said:

Would be interesting thing to see :D I already saw mage with the two-hand mace from Essence of Souls , and priest with Cataclysm's Edge

Here in Feronis?! :o

Chcesz dodać odpowiedź ? Zaloguj się lub zarejestruj nowe konto.

Tylko zarejestrowani użytkownicy mogą komentować zawartość tej strony

Utwórz konto

Zarejestruj nowe konto, to bardzo łatwy proces!

Zarejestruj nowe konto

Zaloguj się

Posiadasz własne konto? Użyj go!

Zaloguj się
Zaloguj się, aby obserwować  

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.